Sunday 22 February 2009

Weekly Update

The Catterthun's (Get It !)


This afternoon (21/02/09) two Edzell rinks skipped by Ron & Bobby played against two rinks from Catterthun in the annual inter club match. Ron was up against Tom Miller with Bobby up against Keith Lawrie. Ron raced off the big lead and never looked back with Gordon at third playing some great shots more than assisted by Shaun Kelly & David Myles. I believe Ron played a raised double take out with his last stone to take a four. Whilst on the rink next door Bobby's team of Colin, Mike & Russell conspired to lose a three (being 3 up) on the TENTH end believe it or not to leave the game a draw. In any case Edzell have maintained the club's 100% record on club games this season.

On Saturday night the club had two rinks out in the N&SE Province Indoor Bonspiel. I high score was achieved by both rinks against Aberlemno CC and the club might just be in the mix to win the trophy.

Next up is the final of the Dewar Trophy followed closely by the Club league decider on March 3rd and the last game in the Ferburn which if we win will take us in to the final. Andrew Ferguson is skipping the Ferburn this year so go luck to him and his team.

The first Ferguson Quaich game was played this week with Ron beating Mike's rink.

Finally congratulations go to David Murdoch and Eve Muirhead on winning the Scottish Championships beating Tom Brewster & Hazel Wood's rinks respectively. Full reports can be found here: http://curlingtoday.blogspot.com/

Again I would appeal to members to send me game reports to my e-mail address to make sure I am not only reporting on games I am involved in. I am sure there are many other exciting games going on every week so please let me know.

No comments: